Archaeologists found prehistoric artifacts, Indian and Eskimo graves near Mile 55 of the Sterling Highway near Cooper Landing. The Kenaitze/USFS K’beq (Footprints) interpretive site opened near Mile 53 in 1997—-an earlier site opened in 1992 was closed.
- KMTA National Heritage Area’s Timeline is Now Live! February 13, 2020
- The KMTA 2019 Annual Report is here! February 12, 2020
- The Naming of A Peak February 7, 2020
- We’re Hiring: KMTA is seeking an Outdoor School Program Manager February 3, 2020
- Annual Grant Informational Webinar January 6, 2020