Oscar Christensen and Mickey Natt came to the Moose Pass area by horse and dog team in 1909. The original Iditarod Trail was blazed through the area in 1910 and 1911. By 1912, Moose Pass was the site of a railroad construction camp.
- KMTA National Heritage Area’s Timeline is Now Live! February 13, 2020
- The KMTA 2019 Annual Report is here! February 12, 2020
- The Naming of A Peak February 7, 2020
- We’re Hiring: KMTA is seeking an Outdoor School Program Manager February 3, 2020
- Annual Grant Informational Webinar January 6, 2020