KMTA awards small awards, or Mini Grants, on a rolling basis to support select
School Field Trip experiences, Continuing Education and Training.
Schools, teachers, and school leaders from public schools or home schools can apply for up to $500 to help cover costs associated with school field trips within the Heritage Area.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFO:
- Same School Applications- Please note, while individual teachers from the same school may submit separate applications for their classes, no more than two per school can apply for a mini grant in a given year. If a request exceeds two applications per school, applicants should apply for a community grant instead.
- Application Max- Applicants may only receive one school field trip mini grant per year.
- Submission Deadline- Applications must be submitted at least 60 days prior to field trip.
VIABLE PROJECTS MUST:
Take place within the geographic boundaries of the KMTA Heritage Area.
Award Period Only- KMTA will only reimburse expenses incurred after a grant contract issued and signed by the selected grantee. Any expenses incurred before the date of signature are not eligible for reimbursement. Similarly, applicants cannot request a reimbursement of expenses incurred before submitting an application.
If you feel your school/class could benefit from a mini grant, but you do not meet the stated eligibility criteria, please contact us to discuss your unique needs. Applications must be submitted at least 60 days prior to field trip.
Don’t know where to start? Check out our Field Trip Guide for some of the best field sites to visit in the Heritage Area.
Community members who reside within the Heritage Area looking to further their own personal or professional development with continuing education and training opportunities can apply for up to $350.
- Please note, an individual may only apply for one Continuing Education and Training Mini Grant per year.
- Applications must be submitted at least 60 days prior to training opportunity.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- Applicants must submit the required forms available below. When you’ve completed all the necessary documents, please upload them using the Submit button.
For more information about the KMTA Grant Programs, please contact: