1. Build community and a sense of belonging in the Heritage Area.
2. Foster kids’ pride in Heritage Area spaces, history, and culture.
3. Get kids outside and breathing fresh air.
4. Support families with safe and supervised fun for their kids on school in-service days.
Fresh Air Fridays are open to K-12 students who live in KMTA communities- Bird/Indian, Girdwood, Whittier/Portage, Hope/Sunrise, Moose Pass, Cooper Landing, and Seward. Community members younger than 6 are welcome to participate with a parent chaperone.
• Cost: Winter Break programs are free. If you’re able, please consider making a donation to KMTA’s Education Programs to help us expand these opportunities for more kids throughout the Heritage Area.