KMTA's Fresh Air Fridays is a day program offering outdoor adventure, art, science, and outdoor skill building and activities on in-service days throughout the school year. Fresh Air Fridays will rotate through locations around the Heritage Area and activities will vary week to week depending on conditions and participant interest. Activities could include the following: hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, stargazing, geocaching, visits to the local library, visits to the local museum, art, science projects, storytelling, outdoor skill building, foraging and more!
1. Build community and a sense of belonging in the Heritage Area.
2. Foster kids’ pride in Heritage Area spaces, history, and culture.
3. Get kids outside and breathing fresh air.
4. Support families with safe and supervised fun for their kids on school in-service days.
2022 Program Dates:
- October 28: Seward
- November 11: Girdwood *POSTPONED*
- November 25: Moose Pass/Cooper Landing
- December 22: Girdwood
- December 23: Hope
- December 27: Moose Pass
- December 29: Seward
2023: Dates & locations coming soon!
ELIGIBILITY & COST
Fresh Air Fridays are open to K-12 students who live in KMTA communities- Bird/Indian, Girdwood, Whittier/Portage, Hope/Sunrise, Moose Pass, Cooper Landing, and Seward. Community members younger than 6 are welcome to participate with a parent chaperone.
• Cost: Winter Break programs are free. If you’re able, please consider making a donation to KMTA’s Education Programs to help us expand these opportunities for more kids throughout the Heritage Area.
Are you an outdoor enthusiast? Do you have a skill, hobby, or knowledge to share? Volunteer with Fresh Air Fridays!
If you are interested in supporting Fresh Air Fridays or other KMTA Education Programs, please click below:
For more information about KMTA Education Programs, please contact: