We had an abundance of awesome photos submitted to the KMTA Photo Contest. The entries we received highlighted the beauty of the KMTA corridor and with the sweeping, majestic views in the background it is obvious there are plenty of ways to play! Thanks to all who participated and shared the beautiful scenery of the KMTA National Heritage Area! We look forward to seeing next year’s entries.
Announcing the Best in Show & First Place in Sweeping Views… Lauren Fraser’s Sunset Reflections in Hope, AK
A SWEEPING VIEW
- Sunset Reflections: Hope, by Lauren Fraser
- Untitled: Turnagain Arm, by Bill McCrossan
- Where Rivers Converge: Russian River, Cooper Landing, by Janessa Anderson
- View from Mt. Marathon: Seward, by Christine French
- Fall on the Kenai: Slaughter Gulch Trail, Cooper Landing, by Lauren Fraser
WINNING ENTRY FOR “HOW DO YOU PLAY IN THE KMTA?”
HOW DO YOU PLAY IN THE KMTA?
- Fly Fishing: Cooper Landing, by Kristina Route
- Mt. Alice: Seward, by Janessa Anderson
- The Circle: Turnagain Arm, by Kevin Goodman
- Portage Lake: Portage, by Joanie Havenner
- Surfing: Turnagain Arm, by Gary Steinfort
WINNING ENTRY FOR “KMTA COMMUNITIES”
- Softball with a View: Cooper Landing, by Kristina Route
- Alyeska Sunset: Top of the Tram, Girdwood, by Lindsay DeLevante
- Into the Harbor: Seward, by Debra Kelly
- Resting Place: Cooper Landing Cemetery, by Yvonne Leutwyler
WINNING ENTRY FOR “A CLOSER LOOK”
A CLOSER LOOK
- Jellyfish on the Rocks: Seward, by Serena Sweet
- Ice Crystal: Portage Lake, Portage, by George Kerr
- Red Berries: Girdwood, by Lucy Lukes
- Compost Toilet?: Near Johnson Pass Trailhead, by Yvonne Leutwyler
- Untitled: Seward, by Bill McCrossan
Congratulations to all!
All the winning entries will be on display at the Anchorage Museum for the November’s First Friday kickoff to Wilderness Week. Click here to learn more about First Friday at the Museum.
To see all the winning entries and honorable mentions click here!