We had an abundance of awesome photos submitted to the KMTA Photo Contest. The entries we received highlighted the beauty of the KMTA corridor and with the sweeping, majestic views in the background it is obvious there are plenty of ways to play! Thanks to all who participated and shared the beautiful scenery of the KMTA National Heritage Area! We look forward to seeing next year’s entries.
You can still cast your vote in the People’s Choice on Instagram: Click here to follow us on Instagram and cast your vote!
Announcing the Best in Show & First Place in How Do You Play in the KMTA… Kristine Route’s Rock Star on Ice in Cooper Landing, AK
HOW DO YOU PLAY IN THE KMTA?
- Rock Star On Ice: Cooper Landing, by Kristine Route
- Cimbs with a View, by Sarah Conlin
- Ice Cave, by George Kerr
- Skiing to Lost Lake, by Mark Luttrell
- Early Morning Paddle Boarding, by Yvonne Lleutwyler
- Sunset on Marathon, by Nelson Brown
WINNING ENTRY FOR “SWEEPING VIEWS”
A SWEEPING VIEW
- Sunrise at Bird Point, by Bert Mattingly
- Out in the Sticks, Girdwood, AK, by Bert Mattingly
- In Awe of Autumn, Moose Pass, AK by Janessa Anderson
- Lower Trail Lake by Rhonda Lynn
- Monday Mornings, Portage, AK, by Bert Mattingly
WINNING ENTRY FOR “KMTA COMMUNITIES”
- Mt. Alyeska at Night: Girdwood, by Jonathan Nafzger
- Russian River, Cooper Landing, by Rhonda Lynn
- 4th of July Sunset: Seward, by Andrew Collins
- Plenty of Fish in the Sea, by Sarah Conlin
- Moose Pass Airport, Gary Steinfort
WINNING ENTRY FOR “A CLOSER LOOK”
A CLOSER LOOK
- Musk Eye, Portage, by Clark Fair
- Fall Clover: Girdwood, by Lindsay DeLevante
- Layers of Landscape, Cooper Landing by Janessa Anderson
- Ice, Cooper Landing by Rhonda Lynn
- Fern, Whittier by George Kerr
Congratulations to all!